Saturday, July 23, 2011

2011 Youth Pioneer Trek

Justin and I got to participate on the Youth Pioneer Trek. We had a BLAST!!! In order to go we had the dress the part. Thank goodness for my Mother-In-Law! I am not for sure if I would have gotten my two weeks of sewing done in 3 days if it had not been for her. 

She did an amazing job on Justin's "BISHOPS" vest. It turn out so beautiful.

This is part of my costume..... I did the skirt, apron, and bonnet. I bought the shirt.:)


This year I was in charge of the leather making craft. We did leather bracelets with the kids names on them. They turned out so cute.




Justin was asked to do a shooting activity. All the kids got to shoot a .22 at some cans. Another thing he was asked to do was to be a trail "BISHOP". Part of his responsibility was to bury the pretend babies that had died on the trail. He did such a great job.