Saturday, May 21, 2011

A time for reflection...

Many new, but for those who did not, One of my Uncles recently passed away.



Tim was such a great man. When I was younger, him and I had a very close relationship. In some ways he was like a big brother, in other ways, like a second father figure. He will be greatly missed. After 3 years of a lot of pain and suffering, his battle with cancer is finally over. With my understanding of the scriptures, I know he is in a far better place.

The picture below is of Justin and Tim last summer at the lake. They were being funny and trying to reinact the seen from RV (with Robin Williams) with the "HOSE SPREADER".

The same week Tim passed, I had two other Uncles and a cousin go into the hospital. One with a stroke, the other for sugery to remove his spleen and the top of his pancreas.  My cousin was in sever motorcyle accident coming home from work. He is still in the hospital, stable yet in broken shape. The doctors have said he is lucky to be alive. 

Needless to say, the passed week or so has been a very emotional and reflective time for me. I have thought long and hard about the all men (immediate and extended family members) in my life and just how blessed I am. (I am sure you can tell by some of my most recent post.) I am so greatful for each and everyone one of them. I love them all very much, including those special ladies in my life too. It doesn't get much more important than family. And I am greatful to my Mom for instilling that in me from a very early age.